Monday, June 20, 2016

Current Inspirations

As the mom of two boys I've alway been driven to create more boyish themed fabrics. Currently we are living in Kodiak, Alaska as my husband is stationed here at a small Navy detachment. We are going into our second year and although this hasn't been my favorite place to live, I've developed an appreciation for the beauty of the area and the unique fishing industry that supports the community. The boats in St. Paul Harbor have become the inspiration for my latest fabric collection. I took the photos of the Harbor on typical cloudy day in Kodiak. Attached is a work in progress print of a few "friendly fishermen". Plans for this collection include coordinates of plaids, stripes and other ocean critters. And as always they are Inspired by Adventure.


St. Paul Harbor, Kodiak, AK 2016

St. Paul Harbor, Kodiak, AK 2016

(in progress) Kodiak inspired fabric design ©2016 Jill Bull


No comments:

Post a Comment